'And so, although I fell asleep, Lord Sir Cyril of Trifleshire said it said in the rules that it was still a draw.'
'Ah, well,' Norma replied, 'I suppose that means you'll have to do it again?'
'Lord Sir Cyril of WhateverIsaidearliershire says we may have to start all over again from the beginning. He says...
CRUNCH!
'...that it might takes months and months to decide a winner.'
And Annie slipped slightly out of the tree.
'You'll end up being made of trifle,' Norma suggested.
Annie thought about this for a while.
'Do I get to choose which flavour?' she asked. 'I'd quite like to be strawbleberry or mangrove and chutney with extra cream.'
CRUNCH!
'I suppose you could be any flavour that you wanted to be,' Norma replied.
'Goody!' Annie exclaimed and she slipped slightly out of the tree.
CRUNCH!
'Norma,' Annie said.
'Mmm?'
'You know how sometimes I can hear things that other people might not be hearing?'
CRUNCH!
'Yes,' Norma replied, 'but don't worry, in this case I can hear it too.'
'Phew!' Annie said, as she fell out of the tree.
'It's just Bertha test firing her new stapler,' Norma explained. 'I have a feeling we might be hearing a lot of it over the coming days.'
'Ground is closer now!' Annie mooed. 'Hello grass!'

Comments