Skip to main content

Thoughts from abroad


Morning all,

Captain Bill with you today.

Now Norma suggested I might give you a brief vignette of my impressions so far of Ms Camille's home island.


It's OKish.


Grass tastes a bit odd and you can't get a nice cup of tea...but things can never be the same as at home. Luckily my reputation as a top captain seems to be smoothing the path somewhat and opening a door here or there. It's quite clear when we're walking around that people are stopping to have a look at us....possibly they're a little overawed.
There seems to be a slight over indulgence in kissing people that you've never met before...not my sort of thing at all. Still I feel that we're bridging the cultural gap. Of course Ms Camille is prone to over reaction at any hint of something going wrong but I think that can be put down to her foreign nature. So far, so good, as far as I'm concerned.

Right, must catch up with the others

Happy sailing

Captain Bill

Comments