Skip to main content

Time To Get Onboard


They met on the deck of the Pickled Heifer.

''You're coming then?' Captain Bill asked.

'Wouldn't miss it for the world,' Cyril replied.

'You could try,' Captain Bill suggested.

Cyril thought a while.

'You'd get bored without me,' he replied.

And at that point there was a mooing from the dockside and Annie arrived and ran up the gangplank...and fell off.

She swam to the shore and hauled herself out and tried again...and fell off again.

'Third time lucky!' Cyril called out.

'Seventeenth time lucky!' he called out an hour later.

'I think my brown tape is coming loose!' Annie replied.

And it was.

'Plenty to spare,' Cyril assured her.

'Oh goody!' Annie replied. 'I shall try again.'

And she did.

And she didn't fall off! 

Instead she ran straight up the gangplank, across the deck and fell off the other side of the ship.

'I can see the fishes!' she mooed.

'I'll lower a rope,' Cyril shouted.

'Hello fishes!' Annie continued.

So, Cyril lowered a rope and pulled Annie aboard.

'Most thanking you,' she said as she landed on the deck and she did a very pretty if damp dance.

'Once you're dry we can apply more tape,' Cyril said.

'I was hoping,' Annie replied, 'that there might be a small snack available as well?'

And, as it happened, that was exactly what Cyril had in mind.

Comments