Skip to main content

When Heads Won't Roll


'Perhaps yours unscrews?' Annie suggested.

'Possibly?' Cyril replied. 'It certainly doesn't seem to pull off.'

'Should I have one last go?' Annie asked and Cyril said she should so Annie pulled and pulled on the rope but Cyril's head stayed firmly attached.

'Tired now!' Annie mooed.

'Shall I make tea?' Cyril asked.

Annie nodded her head but very, very gently.

So Cyril made tea and cut slices of extra large fruit drizzle sponge trifle biscuit cake. Then he pushed the slices back together and added four whole cakes and gave them all to Annie.

'Brown tape!' Annie exclaimed.

'I'm not sure it would do much for the flavour?' Cyril said.

'For my head!' Annie replied. 'I shall apply sticky brown tape.'

'Sounds prudent,' Cyril agreed.

'I thought it sounded like me?' Annie replied. 'If I'm going to do head nodding in the future I shall need to be more careful.'

'Has it ever dropped off before?' Cyril asked.

'I don't think so,' Annie replied, 'even when I've fallen out of trees...which is quite often.'

'Perhaps Captain Whatshisname should have been using brown tape?' Cyril suggested.

'Oooooh!' Annie replied. 'I hadn't thought of that! I had been thinking that birdies would look prettier if they wore hats.'

'Brilliant!' Cyril mooed.

So, while Annie ate lots of cake, Cyril went to find some sticky brown tape.

Comments