'So,' Captain Bill continued, ' if you look overboard now the colour is?'
'Orangie red?' Horace replied.
'No, no,' Captain Bill said, 'ignore that bit, look further on.'
'You mean passed what's left of the building?'
'That's it!'
'..............Green, I suppose?'
'Which means we now know that we must be on?'
'Land?' Horace replied.
'Exactly!' Captain Bill said in triumph.
'That lady looks very angry,' Horace remarked.
'Well, they shouldn't build so close to the sea,' Captain Bill replied. 'We clearly had right of way. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this used to be sea at one point.'
'It's quite a way from it now,' Horace said.
'It'll save us from using the anchor,' Captain Bill replied. 'They get rusty if you leave them in water and there's less chance of sinking now we're on a hill.'
At that moment Norma arrived.
'Why an earth didn't you slow down?' she asked.
'Well, you know what it's like,' Captain Bill replied. 'It takes time to build up speed and once you've got there it seems a shame to slow down.....................We're on land by the way....it's the green stuff.'
'Yes, I did realise that!' Norma mooed.
'I suppose we should pop back down to the harbour and let the customs man know that we're here,' Captain Bill suggested. 'I didn't have time to give our details as we went by.'
'There's no need,' Norma replied. 'He's here....hanging in the rigging.'
'So he is!' Captain Bill replied.

Comments