Skip to main content

Keeping It All In Mind


Annie finished a most pretty dance and Norman flapped his ears in appreciation.

'And then,' Annie explained, 'I spent 3 months counting my legs.'

'How many did you have?' Norman asked.

'214,' Annie replied. 'But it is possible I miscounted as I fell asleep a couple of times and had to start again.'

'Easily done,' Norman said.

'It is!' Annie mooed. 'I just close my eyes and................................'

Norman was kind enough to wait for Annie to wake up.

'I had a dream about talking biscuits,' she said.

'I thought you might have,' Norman replied. 'You were nibbling the corner of my costume.'

'So,' Annie asked, 'how have you been occupafying yourself?'

'The usual,' Norman replied, 'cleaning windows, filling swimming pools, it's been mostly trunk based work if I'm honest. I did try hiring myself out as a fountain at weddings but it never really took off. But now this film thing is happening and I thought to myself, Norman, here's your chance to make it big.'

Annie ran around Norman several times.

'You're quite big already,' she mooed. 'If you get any bigger you might not fit.' 

'Fit where?' Norman asked.

'In my head,' Annie replied. 'Perhaps if I remember your tusks separately and forgot your tail?'

'I'm not sure I'd want to be without my tail!' Norman trumpeted.

So, Annie did her best to imagine Norman being very big but with his tusks being separate but still with his tail...and there was just enough room in her head without him coming out of her ears.

Which was a great relief to both of them.

Comments