'Testing, testing, one two, one two....no, no it's still not working,' Flossie bleated.
'Mum said she's done all she can,' Lefty replied.
'Don't doubt it for a moment,' Flossie said. 'Still, would have been nice. Refund?'
'Been trying to get in contact with the supplier but there's just a recorded message saying they're away.'
'Hmm,' Flossie said.
'Could use it as a prop?' Lefty suggested.
'Could do!' Flossie agreed. 'Thus turning a disappointment into a success. Now, what's to be done next?'
'Casting,' Lefty replied.
'Oooh! Sounds good to me,' Flossie said. 'I've been rather looking forward to it in an odd kind of way.'
'Me too!' Lefty replied. 'Makes me feel like we're making a proper film.'
'Brilliant!' Flossie bleated. 'Well, let's get on with it. Piece by piece the fiendishly diabolical jigsaw comes together!'
'..............................................Mum likes a jigsaw,' Lefty said.
'So she does!' Flossie agreed. 'I'd forgotten that.'
'I remember, when I was a lamb, I used to steal the corner pieces and hide them in my fleece.'
'That'd be the pirate in you,' Flossie suggested.
'I suppose it would be,' Lefty replied. 'Mum would chase me all around the field trying to catch me...............Things seemed easier back then, simpler somehow.'
'True,' Flossie said, '.....and we used to do proper pirating.....Still, can't go back.'
'No,' Lefty agreed, '............................................Pity!'

Comments