Skip to main content

How To Spot A Norman Castle


'Afternoon!' Norman trumpeted.

'Norman!' Norma mooed. 'How lovely to see you!'

'Same to yourselves,' Norman replied. 'I thought you might turn up. I take it you saw the bit about free hats?'

'Might have,' Norma said and she blushed a little.

'Possibly,' Bertha added without blushing at all.

'So, Norma continued, 'I have to say you're looking very....well...very?'

'I'm a castle,' Norman explained.

'Ah!' Norma said. 'That explains it!'

'For the film?' Bertha asked.

And Norman nodded.

'You're very convincing,' Norma continued. 'From a distance I thought...'

'People have been kind enough to say so,' Norman replied.

'I'm not surprised,' Bertha added.

'Of course the makeup helps,' Norman replied.

'Is that eye shadow?' Bertha asked.

'Just a smidge,' Norman said. 'And it's nice to be doing some work that isn't trunk based.'

'I'm sure it must be,' Norma replied.

'Do you have any lines?' Bertha asked.

'I don't think so,' Norman said. 'They've not mentioned any but the pay's good.'

'Really?' Norma asked.

'Well, when I say good, it's mostly buns but they're good buns.'

'Still,' Norma replied, 'being a castle must be a very important job and you're doing it so wonderfully well. I can't imagine for one moment that anyone would realise it was you.'

'NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Annie screamed.

From a considerable distance away.


Comments